I look forward to working with you, your students, or your group!
I am available as an orchestral musician, soloist, or chamber musician.
I am available as a contractor or coordinator for organizing brass, wind, and chamber ensemble groups to perform at various events.
Range of repertoire - Orchestral; Brass and Woodwind Quintet; Contemporary Chamber; Collaborative Improvisation; Religious
I offer private instruction on horn at my studio on the campus of the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul. Currently my studio includes undergraduate and graduate students, high school students, and adults.
I offer masterclass and in-school sessions for music programs. Range of session topics include: Audition preparation, Improvisation, Core warmup and technique drills; Strategies for maintaining an active musical life as an avocation.
More information about my studio at this link: Dr. S Horn Studio
Presentations on topics in music:
- Mindful Awareness: Managing Performance Anxiety
- Pre-concert Lectures
- Black American Women in the Concert Music Tradition
- Lessons from Musician Survivors of Breast Cancer
- Writing About Music to Learn About Music
- Developing Skills in Music Listening
- Singing Bowls and the Healing Arts